Top 10: Star Wars Video Games

Star Wars has pushed out a ton of games. A lot of crap and some great ones. There are so many games that peoples top 10 would all look different. I always couldn't wait until the latest Star Wars game was released, no matter what it is.
I thought Masters was going be amazing. I mean a fighting game with Star Wars? What could go wrong? Its the biggest pile of shit I have ever played. It would be in a top 10 worse games ever for me. What a let down. Anyway on to the good stuff!

10.Star Wars Revenge of the Sith PS2
I don't think this game got any credit or maybe its just bad and a guilty pleasure of mine but I found this game to be pretty solid. The Jedi powers were fun and so were the saber fights. Even the "VS" mode was fun and way better then anything Masters of crap ever was.

9.Star Wars Monopoly PC
I remember getting my first PC and coming home to play this as it was the only game I had for PC. Not much to say about it. I did think the animations were amazing at the time. Why is it at 9? Just good fuzzy memories.

8.Star Wars Galaxy PC
My friend made this game his life for a few years. Married some women(who ended up being a man), had a ton of money and a huge house on Dantoonie. I joined up and was given a land speeder by him and some money. Had a blast traveling to different  systems and planets(getting my ass kicked). Hanging out in cantina wearing a stormtrooper helmet I got in a trade from some bounty hunter. I was really starting to get it going and then one day I was out on a mission in the middle of no where when a Dark Jedi(which is like seeing a unicorn..they are that rare) came running up on me! This asshole stole everything I had and broke my land speeder... I had to run naked back to my house which took.. hours! I quit the game that day. If not for that dark jedi this game might be in the top 3.

7.Super Star Wars Return of the Jedi SNES
Played the hell out of this game as a kid. Its so crazy. You dodge things non stop . It was my favorite because of the three games on SNES this was the one I could beat. I enjoyed the light saber battle with Vader as I would sometimes pop it in and just use the code to get my fix to fight Vader.

6.Star Wars Rogue Squadron N64
Was a fun game that came with the "ram pack" for better graphics. Of course we swore up and down we could tell the difference(we couldn't). This game was challenging and once I beat it I never played it again but I did have a a lot of fun with it.

5.Star Wars the Force unleashed Xbox360
This game was really fun. It was a bit to easy but just a fun game where you got use any and all force powers on steroids. Found the story pretty interesting too. If I had played this game in middle school I would have crapped myself and called it the best SW game ever. To bad the 2nd game fell short.

4.Star Wars Battle Front II PS2
I was a huge Socom fan in the PS2 days and this sounded like the perfect marriage. Socom+Star Wars=Battle Front. I enjoyed the first one but I think the 2nd one was far better. It was just mindless fun. Just roaming around owning people on the battlefield. I did think the Jedi were cheap and screwed up some battles but outside of that its just great fun. The new one coming out has me thinking about buying next gen... If I ever have money.

3.Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic II Xbox
After playing the first one I was pretty hyped for this. Now I played this years after its release(like the first one) and outdated graphics didn't phase me at all. Its just amazing game. Love the more options this one gives you(clothing options ect). Now the story isn't as strong and the last boss battle is crazy hard and just doesn't have the charm of the first one but its still one of the best SW games ever made. The story to this day is still left hanging...

2.Star Wars Shadows of the Empire N64
I got this game petty quick after I got my N64 and my cousin and I played the hell out of it for a week. We couldn't get enough. Some of it had to do with it being the first adventure 3D game we had ever played and the other is it just kicks ass. From the Hoth battle to chasing down Boba Fett. The story is pretty damn solid and makes for a better movie then "Attack of the Clones". I beat this game so many times I have lost count. Some levels are so long but worth the reward of pushing the great story along. Some other great moments are fighting IG-88 on the junk planet, using the rocket back pack and blowing up the sky hook. Dash Rendar you will not be forgotten.

1.Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic Xbox
This game is not only my favorite star wars game but would be one of my favorite games ever. I became sucked in while working 3rds. Every night I couldn't wait to get to work to see what happened next. The combat took me a while to get used to and understand but once I did.. I couldn't get enough. The story just sucks you in and has a twist in the end that I some how didn't see coming. I think collecting things, making good or bad choices and the combat is put at a perfect pace.
The characters were likable and entertaining. This game brought way more joy then the prequels and is just better story telling. I would love to see this made into a movie. It will never happen unfortunately. Now if we could just get a 3rd one(not a online game) that continues the story, after II they just leave you hanging which still makes me wonder what happened with these characters and will we ever find out?  I plan on going a 2nd play through soon and enjoyed being the hero last time. I plan on taking the dark side on the next go around. If you are a Star Wars fan and never played this game.. Track it down now!
star wars, video games, movies,top 10

1 Response to "Top 10: Star Wars Video Games"

  1. Thank you very much for this useful article. I like it.
    vintage video games

Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme